Reserve an item
You can reserve an item and we'll let you know when it becomes available.
Find the item/s you want in our catalogue
- select the item
- click the place reservation box at the top of the screen
- fill in the reservation form:
- enter your library card number and 6 digit PIN (your date of birth in the DDMMYY format)
- select the branch you want to pick-up your item
- click submit
- you will see a message confirming your reservation
- you will receive an email or a letter when the item is ready to collect.
Going on holidays
If you know you will be away on holidays, contact the library so we can suspend your reservation and reserve your place in the queue.
If you choose to receive your notices via email, delivery will be quicker and you can check your email from wherever you are.
Suggest new items to purchase for our collection.
Please check our catalogue thoroughly before requesting a new item.
We consider the following factors when we receive a new item request:
- whether the item is still in print and ready available
- age and currency
- reasonable price
- whether the item is for an academic or general audience
- whether the item is suitable and meets the selection criteria in our Collection Development Policy
- quality and format.
We cannot take requests for the following items:
- school or university text-books, technical or professional material
- out of print books
- items in languages other than English.
Submitting a request
We need the following information:
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number – all 13 digits)
- any additional information you can provide (publisher, publication date, series title, where you saw it/read about it, etc).
If a title is purchased, we will place a reservation on it for you. We cannot predict how long a new item request may take. If we cannot purchase an item, a message will be placed on your library account.
Items not purchased may be requested through the network of public and academic libraries inter-library loan (see below).
Some items that need to be imported, or have not yet been published, may take time, so please be patient.
To make a suggestion, see a librarian at the Information Desk or request online.
Request items from other library services.
City of Boroondara Library Service members may request items from other library services. This is called an inter-library loan.
- Check our catalogue thoroughly to check we do not have the title in our collection .
Fees and conditions
- Charges apply for inter-library loans. There may be extra charges for academic and special libraries.
- Loans are for three weeks. To renew your loan contact us at least seven days before the due date.
- Some requested items may only be accessed within our libraries – you are not able to take the item home.
- Inter-library loans may take four weeks or longer to arrive.
Finding your item
You may search LibraryLink Victoria for items not in our collection.
Find the title you want, and then click the Get It button to start your request from another library service. Library Link Victoria will ask for your City of Boroondara Library Service library card number and 6 digit PIN (your date of birth in the DDMMYY format) before requesting the details of the title you want transferred.