Expressions of Interest open for Library Advisory Committee
Expressions of Interest are open for Boroondara community members to join Council’s Library Services Advisory Committee.
Community members should:
- have a passion for library services;
- live, work or study in Boroondara;
- have relevant skills and experience, and
- be able to meet quarterly for about two hours.
If you’re interested in being on the committee, take a look at the Terms of Reference and complete the nomination form.
Submissions are due to Kate Brewster, Manager Community Information and Libraries by Friday 24 March and can be received by:
mail: City of Boroondara, Boroondara Library Service, Private Bag 1, Camberwell 3124
Contact Kate Brewster on Kate.Brewster@boroondara.vic.gov.au or 9278 4673 for more information.
The Mission Statement of the Boroondara Library Services Advisory Committee is:
To provide advice on issues relating to Library Services across the City
Its objectives are:
- To contribute to any review of services which will impact on library users.
- To contribute ideas for the improvement of Library Services in the City of Boroondara.
The function of the Library Advisory Committee is to provide advice in relation to Library Services in the City of Boroondara.
In particular, to:
- Provide effective and timely advice by library users and community representatives into library policy, service planning and development.
- Promote consultation and representation of community views in library policy, service planning and development.
- Provide an additional avenue for dissemination of information about the library service
- Participate in working parties/forums and workshops on library issues.
For enquiries, please contact Manager Community Information and Libraries, Kate Brewster on 9278 4690.