Answers to frequently asked questions.
+ What are my ID and PIN?
Your ID is your library card number or a 'user name' of your choice.
Your PIN is your date of birth in the format DDMMYY.
For example, if your birthday is 8 September 1956, your 6 digit PIN is 080956
+ How can I renew the loans of my items?
You can renew items for an extra three weeks by phone, online or in person. Items may be renewed twice, if they have not been requested by another borrower.
Online – login to your borrower record.
Phone – 9278 4666 – have your library card number ready.
In person – you don't need to bring the items, just your library card.
+ How do I join the library?
Membership is free and you can join if you live anywhere in Victoria and have some current identification with you.
Join online or visit one of our five libraries and bring along some identification which shows your name and current address. Membership entitles you to borrow and use facilities at our five library branches and online.
Children under 18 need a parent or guardian to sign their membership card.
+ How long is the borrowing time?
Three weeks is the standard loan period for all items.
+ How many items can I borrow?
There is no limit to the number of items you may borrow and you may select from our books, talking books, magazines, CDs or DVDs – whatever entertainment or knowledge you need.
+ What are my responsibilities?
- you must present your library card to borrow or use the library's internet or computer facilities
- you must return your loans by the due date - the library sends reminder and overdue notices as a courtesy only – failure to receive a notice has no impact on your responsibility to return items on time. Overdue items accumulate fines daily
- you are responsible for any item borrowed on your card, so keep it secure at all times
- if your card is lost, report it to the library immediately so that it cannot be used by anyone else
- if any of your details change – for example, you change your address – please inform the library as soon as possible
- a guarantor is responsible for any use of this card, including material borrowed, child's use of the internet, and payment of any charges.
+ What happens to my reservation when I go on holidays?
If you have reserved an item from the library, and you are going away on holidays, contact the library so we can pause your request and reserve your place in the queue.
+ Where can I return my items?
- to any of our five library branches
- if the libraries are closed, return your items via the after-hours chute
Please note: overdue items returned through the chute will accrue fines until they are processed the next day.